If there’s one thing all moms just don’t have enough of, it’s time. Am I right, ladies?
I mean, how in the world are you supposed to find time for self-care when you barely have time to drink a hot cup of coffee in the morning?
I hear you, trust me, I do, but self-care (aka – taking care of your own wellbeing) is essential to your mental, physical, and emotional health.
(Learn more about why moms NEED self-care.)
What you need are some simple yet practical ideas for self-care that don’t take a lot of time or effort.
Don’t worry, mama. I’ve got your back with these easy-peasy 5-minute, 10-minute, and 15-minute ideas for self-care that you can do with minimal effort.
5-Minute Ideas for Self-Care
- Listen to your favorite song.
- Meditate for 5 minutes.
- Hug someone you love.
- Watch a couple of lighthearted TikTok videos. (If you’re looking to cut back on social media use, good for you! Read this to get started.)
- Cuddle your dog or cat.
- Read a few self-care quotes.
- Indulge in something sweet.
- Make that doctor, dentist, or OBGYN appointment that you’ve been putting off.
- Write down 3-5 things that you love about your life.
- Recite your daily affirmations.
- Light a candle or use an essential oil diffuser.
- Write a to-do list.
- Drink a big glass of water.
- Try a new beauty product.
- Read your horoscope.
- Sit in the sun.
- Put on your comfiest clothes.
- Make your bed.
- Write down 3-5 things that you’re grateful for.
10-Minute Ideas for Self-Care
- Do some stretching.
- Water your plants.
- Enjoy a warm cup of tea or hot coffee.
- Write in a journal.
- Eat a healthy snack.
- Do a facemask.
- Flip through a magazine.
- Go outside and pick some flowers.
- Take a 10-minute dance break.
- Find a place where you can sit in silence, even if that place is the bathroom with the door locked or your parked car on the driveway.
- Play an instrument.
- Work on learning a new language with a quick Duolingo lesson.
- Apply and massage in some body lotion.
- Watch the clouds.
- Make a healthy smoothie.
- Give yourself a scalp massage.
- Hang up the apron and order takeout.
- Write down 3-5 life goals. (If you want to go further, learn how to make a vision for your future to plan for a mom life that you’ll love.)
15-Minute Ideas for Self-Care
- Listen to a TED Talk.
- Read a chapter of a book or listen to a chapter of an audiobook.
- Phone a friend to check-in.
- Do a 15-minute yoga sesh.
- Take a little soak in the tub. (Try this lavender coconut milk bath recipe!)
- Paint your nails.
- Whip out the colored pencils for some coloring or doodling.
- Tidy up your workspace.
- Take a stroll around the block.
- Gather items from around the house for a donation.
- Ride your bike around the neighborhood.
- Sip and savor a glass of wine.
- Call your mom or dad.
- Do a crossword puzzle, word search, or sudoku.
- Sweat it out with a quick workout.
- Write a “thinking of you” card and mail it to someone you love.
- Spend 15 minutes doing your favorite hobby. Need some inspiration? Try one of these 75 hobbies that are perfect for moms.
- Take a power nap.
There’s no denying how much you already have on your plate, but it’s so important to take even just 5 minutes a day for yourself. Take the time to do something that makes you feel good.
Remember, self-care shouldn’t feel like a chore. So if the thought of doing something from this list stresses you out, skip it.
So, mama, do you have any quick ideas for self-care that I missed? Share them with us in the comments below!
For more self-care ideas, let’s connect on Facebook and Instagram. And, don’t forget to subscribe via email below!